Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

Jeans, kind of down one size

        This morning I tried on a pair of size 18 regular (Old Navy Sweetheart jeans)... and they fit! Right now, I am still wearing my old size 20 regular stretch (Old Navy Sweetheart jeans), but I am so so so happy to know that the smaller jeans fit, a little tight, but they button up and look fine. I thought the jeans I had on were stretched out and loose, turns out I have also shrunk a tiny bit inside them!

        So far, my "lifestyle change" has included:
- For the past 3 weeks, 3 days of exercise per week during which I do the C25K program for 30 min.
- For the past few days, preparing foods in advance, keeping healthier options like carrots, apples, almonds, and yogurt on hand for snacks, and writing down everything I eat.

        I have not been on the scale to see how much it has budged (weigh-in is on Sunday morning!) but If I did I'm sure it would not be much different than where I started. The clothes fitting though is a great motivator because I know that the more I exercise and continue to eat right, the smaller my size is going to get. I love non-scale victories and smaller jeans! =)

        p.s. I say "kind of" down a size, because I've only been wearing size 20 jeans for the past few months. I was stuck at size 18 for a few years, and when I go down to 16 that is going to feel like an even bigger victory for me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment